Borrowers must use the above link to apply
1. To qualify for the principal balance reduction, the borrower or co-signer (if applicable) must apply for on or after 05/15/17, be approved, and disburse a Citizens One Student Loan or Student Loan for Parents through the AAA Club Alliance customer dedicated Citizens One Student Lending website. The principal balance reduction will be calculated as 1% of the amount financed (a minimum of $50/maximum of $500 for the Student Loan or Student Loan for Parents). The loan must be in good standing at the time the Principal Balance Reduction Benefit is applied. Only one Principal Balance Reduction Benefit is allowed per loan for the Citizens One Student Loan and Citizens One Student Loan for Parents. Principal reduction will be applied with an effective date equal to the loan’s first disbursement date. Principal reduction may take up to the second month following the loan’s final disbursement date to be applied and may be reduced if the loan amount is reduced or cancelled. The Principal Balance Reduction Benefit will be processed as a reduction of principal to the loan and will not impact the required monthly payment amount or the payment due date for the loan. The value of the Principal Balance Reduction Benefit may be reported to the IRS. You are solely responsible for any taxes that may be owed as a result of the principal balance reduction earned. Please consult your tax advisor. Citizens Bank, N.A. does not provide tax advice. Citizens One reserves the right to modify these terms or cancel this offer at any point in the future for new applications.
2. Multi-year approval funds available for future use are subject to a soft credit inquiry at time of your next request to verify continued eligibility. After we make the initial Loan to you, we may refuse to allow you to take out additional loans under the multi-year approval feature, terms and conditions will be outlined in your promissory note.
3. Interest rate reduction of up to 0.50 percentage points is possible with the following discounts:
Loyalty Discount: The borrower will be eligible for a 0.25 percentage point interest rate reduction on their loan if the borrower or their co-signer (if applicable) has a qualifying account in existence with us at the time the borrower and their co-signer (if applicable) have submitted a completed application authorizing us to review their credit request for the loan. The following are qualifying accounts: any checking account, savings account, money market account, certificate of deposit, automobile loan, home equity loan, home equity line of credit, mortgage, credit card account, or other student loans owned by Citizens One. Please note, our checking and savings account options are only available in the following states: CT, DE, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, and VT and some products may have an associated cost. This discount will be reflected in the interest rate disclosed in the Loan Approval Disclosure that will be provided to the borrower once the loan is approved. Limit of one Loyalty Discount per loan and discount will not be applied to prior loans. The Loyalty Discount will remain in effect for the life of the loan.
Automatic Payment Discount: Borrowers will be eligible to receive a 0.25 percentage point interest rate reduction on their student loans owned by Citizens One during such time as payments are required to be made and our loan servicer is authorized to automatically deduct payments each month from any bank account the borrower designates. Discount is not available when payments are not due, such as during forbearance. If our loan servicer is unable to successfully withdraw the automatic deductions from the designated account three or more times within any 12-month period, the borrower will no longer be eligible for this discount.
4. Aggregate limits up to $350,000 for MD, DMD/DDS, OD, DO, PDM, and DVM degrees. Aggregate limits up to $180,000 for cardiac perfusion, chiropractic, cytotechnology, nurse practitioner, occupational therapy, pharmacy, physical therapy, and physician assistant degrees.
5. Citizens One Student Loan Eligibility: Borrowers must be enrolled at least half-time in a degree-granting program at an eligible institution. Borrowers must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident or an international borrower/eligible non-citizen with a creditworthy U.S. citizen or permanent resident co-signer. For borrowers who have not attained the age of majority in their state of residence, a co-signer is required. Citizens One reserves the right to modify eligibility criteria at anytime. Interest rate ranges subject to change. Citizens One Student Loans private student loans are subject to credit qualification, completion of a loan application/consumer credit agreement, verification of application information, and if applicable, self-certification form, school certification of the loan amount, and student’s enrollment at a Citizens One Student Loans-participating school. Please Note: International Students are not eligible for the multi-year approval feature.